The Waitsfield Conservation Commission invites the Valley community to review and provide feedback on a draft management plan for the Tardy Parcel, a 6.9-acre property along the Mad River that the Town of Waitsfield purchased from Astrid Tardy in 2003. The property is located between the river and Route 100 across from Lareau Farm and just upstream of the Route 100 bridge and the Town-owned Lareau Swimhole. The Draft Management Plan lays out the Town’s proposed vision and intended actions in the coming years to guide its ownership and stewardship, as well as public use, of the Tardy Parcel.
The Draft Management Plan and all accomanying appendices are available below (printed copies are availalbe on request at the Town Office):
- DRAFT Tardy Parcel Management Plan (May 2023)
- Appendix A: Tardy Grant of Conservation Covenants (2003)
- Appendix B: Tardy Property Baseline Documentation Report (Vermont Land Trust, 2003)
- Appendix C: Natural Community Inventory of the Waldron, Austin, and Tardy Tracts of the Town of Waitsfield (2006)
- Appendix D: Fluvial Geomorphology Assessment of the Mad River Watershed, Vermont (2007)
- Appendix E: Upper Mad River Corridor Plan (2008)
- Appendix F: Invasive Plant Management Plan for the Town of Waitsfield – Austin and Tardy Properties (2016)
- Appendix G: VLT-Town of Waitsfield Memorandum of Agreement, Tardy Parcel-Farley Riverside Park (2023)
The Commission is accepting written comments on the draft plan until Friday, June 9, 2023. Comments can be submitted by email to [email protected] or in hard copy at the Town Office.
In addition, public input can be provided at a public forum the Conservation Commission is holding on the draft plan on Wednesday, May 31st from 6:30-7:30 p.m. The forum will be hybrid: members of the public who wish to participate can do so either in person at the Waitsfield Town Office or remotely by Zoom at https://us02web.zoom.us/j/85086968722?pwd=M2dDVEJHc0ErU0NsUjV1M2hHUVlDZz09.
Questions? Please contact Conservation Commission Chair Curt Lindberg at [email protected].