The Town of Waitsfield is accepting bids for a two-year contract for the hauling of ¾” sand from Varin’s pit in Bolton to the Town garage in Waitsfield. This is for hauling of sand only.
Specifications include but may not be limited to:
• Year one (FY22) is for 2,500 yards;
• Year two (FY23) is for 4,000 yards, though that amount may be reduced in response to a mild winter and/or low usage;
• The contract needs to be completed no later than Wednesday, September 1, 2021;
• Failure to complete the contract by the deadline shall result in penalties;
• Payment will happen in two segments, no earlier than July 1 of each year of the contract – one-half when hauling begins and one-half following completion;
• Contractor shall include a total bid price and the price per yard for hauling from Bolton to Waitsfield;
• Contractor shall provide a Certificate of Liability Insurance to the Town; and
• Contractor shall have the capability of covering loads.
Bids shall be submitted by paper no later than 12:00 p.m., Wednesday, April 21, 2021. Bids shall be marked, “2021 Sand Hauling Bid; ATTN: Rodney Jones, Road Foreman.”
Bids may be mailed to, or left in the dropboxes at:
Waitsfield Town Office
4144 Main Street
Waitsfield, VT 05673
The anticipated date of award is April 26, 2021. The Town reserves the right to accept, reject, or seek modification to any and all bids. For more information, contact the Road Foreman at (802) 496-8897, or [email protected]