Polling Place Guidelines
TOWN OF WAITSFIELD
Campaigning at the Polling Place
Please observe the following guidelines when campaigning on Election Day.
- No campaigning, electioneering or discussion of the election is to take place inside the polling place.
- No campaign materials including signs, buttons, leaflets or any other election materials are permitted inside the polling place.
- No one may impede or block the path to and from the polling place.
- Candidates and/or campaign workers are to stay off all sidewalks leading to the polling place. If a discussion engages between a campaign worker/candidate and a voter, please move off of the sidewalk.
- Care should be taken to allow easy access by the public to parking places. Be careful of traffic entering and exiting the parking area. Candidates and/or campaign workers may be asked to remove their cars from the parking lot if the parking area becomes too congested.
- One sign per candidate in or on the ground is permitted on the day of the election only. All signs must be removed when the polls close.
- Poll watchers are permitted inside the polling place and must remain in the designated observation area. They must not interrupt the election officials or the election process. No cell phones or pagers are permitted.
- If any question arises, please contact the presiding election official.
- Poll watching rules apply during the vote counting process.