The Town of Waitsfield Town Offices are officially closed, effective 12:00 p.m. on Tuesday, March 17th. The closure is anticipated to last through Wednesday, April 15th, but may be extended if a public health need remains.
ALL meetings or other events scheduled at the Town Offices are cancelled during this period.
Town staff will still be working throughout this closure and can be easily reached by telephone or email. Please be sure to leave a detailed message, so that employees working remotely can fully respond to or accurately route your call.
The Road Department will be working as well, though public interaction is severely limited. The garage on Tremblay Road is not open to the public.
Please see the link below for more information on the Town’s operations during closure. Please also note that this outline may change, based on need, effectiveness, or other to be determined criteria.
*PLEASE NOTE — The Governor’s executive order for Vermonters to stay at home on March 24th effectively closes access to the vault and land records at this time.
Please check the Town’s website often, as it is where information related to operations and the closure will first be posted.
Certain functions may be available by appointment, so please call or email if you have an emergent or otherwise time sensitive need.
The Town appreciates everyone’s understanding and patience.
Staff contacts are:
• Town Clerk Jennifer Peterson – (802) 496-2218, x3; [email protected]
• Town Treasurer Sandy Gallup – (802) 496-2218, x2; [email protected]
• Town Administrator Trevor Lashua – (802) 496-2218, x5; [email protected]
• Planning/Zoning Administrator Annie Decker-Dell’Isola – (802) 496-2218, x4; [email protected]
• Road Foreman Rodney Jones – (802) 496-8897; [email protected]
The original, formal notice of closure can be found by following this link.