The Town of Waitsfield is accepting bids for the hauling of 4,000 yards of sand from Varin’s pit in Bolton to the Town garage in Waitsfield. This is for hauling of sand only, other specifications include but may not be limited to:
- The contract needs to be completed by Friday, September 6, 2019;
- Failure to complete the contract by the deadline shall result in penalties;
- Contractor shall include a total bid price and the price per yard for hauling from Bolton to Waitsfield;
- Contractor shall provide a Certificate of Liability Insurance to the Town; and
- Contractor shall have the capability of covering loads.
Respondents are encouraged to submit a price for a second year of hauling services; whether or not to proceed with the second year is solely at the discretion of the Waitsfield Selectboard.
Bids shall be submitted electronically no later than 12:00 noon, Friday, April 26, 2019. Bids shall be sent to the Town Administrator at [email protected]; the subject line shall be marked, “2019 Sand Hauling Bid.” The anticipated date of formal award is May 6th, when the Waitsfield Selectboard convenes. The Town reserves the right to accept, reject, or seek modification to any and all bids. For more information, contact the Town Administrator (802) 496-2218 or [email protected]